Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pinterest Fail

A couple weeks ago I decided to figure out what the hype was all about and joined the wonderful world of Pinterest.  I can't really explain it to you....but people post their favorite things like recipes, photos, crafts, DIY projects, etc.  Many of my friends find it addicting...I wouldn't say I have the hang of it enough to become an addict but I do find it rather enjoyable.  If you haven't jumped on the Pinterest bandwagon, do it!  It has been very helpful for my non-creative, non-imaginative mind especially when it comes to decorating our home and finding crafts to do with Lauren.  We have lived in our house three years and don't have much decor on the walls.  Mainly because I have no idea where to put things and we have a small house (which I am very thankful for) but no storage space...and I have a phobia problem with clutter.  i.hate.it. and if something I may decorate with might clutter our house I just don't do it.  I probably throw away and give away things I shouldn't just so I don't have to deal with the mess.  Yes, my name is Crystal, I'm a minimalist and I have a problem.  :)

Also, these days Lauren is becoming more and more interested in coloring and playing with play doh.  One of the recipes I found was how-to make play doh from scratch.  I remember my mom making play doh when I was a child but never had a recipe to do it myself.  Now I do!  I'm super excited to make it and play with Lauren and see if she eats it as much as I did.  Ha!  We haven't made any crafts we found on Pinterest yet but with the arctic winter fast approaching we should have plenty to do once the snow falls.

One of the projects I found was a tutorial on how to make a scarf out of an old t-shirt.  I am definitely not crafty.  It is in my genes, my aunt owns her own quilting business and I have a cousin who can make shoes out of a plastic bag (serious!) but the "crafty" gene did not get passed down to me.  I am kind of bitter about it but when I saw this project I knew it was something I could do.  I thought.  Well, anyway, this is what it was supposed to look like.  

Pinned Image

....and this is what mine looked like (at least the model is cute)


Turns out, you need to use a t-shirt that's not 100% cotton.  must.read.the.fine.print.comment section.
Ah well, I ended up throwing everything away...I'll try again when I find a tshirt (that's not 100% cotton).  At least I didn't waste any money.  So if any of you have an old tshirt (size large, not 100% cotton) you want to donate to the cause I'd much appreciate it (we obviously don't have any).  
Don't you think this crazy little nugget would look so cute in a DIY fashion scarf?  I do!
  


1 comment:

  1. I love the way you write and your attitude! It is so fun to read! Great job Crystal!

    ReplyDelete